Standard Rates include:
Recreational or Conventional Vehicle of your preference
250 kilometers daily.
Extra driver free.
– RV Rental: 30% deposit of the cost provided in the initial quotation by IE is required within 05 days after the client confirms the service to ensure the booking of the vehicle.
– Optional Services: if during the development of the program there are other additional services required by the client, IE will provide the price and its totality should be deposited by the client within the 05 days after confirming to ensure the bookings of other services or according to supplier’s conditions. IE will always inform if better conditions for the client can be achieved.
15 days prior to passenger’s arrival, full payment is required.
Bank transfer or Cash in USD.
A safety deposit of USD 2,000 is required previous the RV’s pick up and USD 1,000 previous the SUVs pick up. These amounts can be withheld in cash or by credit card. It should be emphasized that only Mastercard, Diners and American Express are allowed for pre-authorizations up to 28 days; with VISA we would need to charge the amounts from the credit card.
Minimum Rental Duration
Minimum rental period: 6 days.
Cancellation 21 days prior to day of RV pick up, no charges apply.
Cancellation between 20 – 16 days: 30% as penalty.
Cancellation between 15 days and the RV pick up date will be considered a No Show and no refund will be
Vehicle collection / return
The service includes delivering the vehicles to clients’ hotel within Barranco, Miraflores, San Isidro districts in Lima.
Delivery and pickup at the airport costs $30 dollars extra each. We will take some time for explanations, demonstrations and vehicle inspection during delivery. The vehicle will be delivered to the customer with a full tank, so the return must be with a full tank by the customer as well. We allow pick up and drop off on closed days, holidays or outside working hours with an extra surcharge of USD 50.00.
Regarding our work schedule:
The service includes taking the vehicles to your own hotel or even picking them up at the airport and the same to
return the vehicle.
• Opening hours: from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Pick-up time from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Delivery time 9.00 to 15.00 hrs.
• Closed days (for example Sunday); only Sunday is closed
• Closed holidays (eg, 25.12.) 25.12, 29.06, 28-29.07, 08.10, 01.11, 30.08, Holy Week and other holidays in Peru
License and Minimum Age
A valid driver license from any country or an International Driver License is accepted when accompanied by a valid passport for a period of 90 days. The minimum age is 25 years.
The renter is fully liable for any damage to the vehicle or third party property if:
- The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- Damages sustained whilst the renter/driver is in breach of any traffic laws or ordinances.
- Damage to the vehicle which is caused by careless, willful or reckless driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving on restricted roads.
- Camping away from recommended camping sites.
- Water submersion or salt water damage
- The vehicle was driven in a country in which written approval was not obtained from Intorno Experiences.
- Damage to undercarriage.
- Incorrect use of diff locks and/or transfer cases, i.e. driving on tar roads with diffs engaged.
- Punctures and tire damage.
The Hirer agrees not to use the unit for purposes different to the ones intended. All damage to the vehicle caused by inappropriate use will be the sole responsibility of the Hirer, even if the cost of repairs, etc. exceeds the deductible. INTORNO SAC will not be responsible for any loss (delays, losses, expenses, vehicle replacement, etc.) derived from such use.
Necessary repairs of up to US$ 200.00 may be affected without authorization and will be reimbursed. Amounts above US$ 200.00 require approval from Intorno Experiences.
Driving the RVs and SUVs
All of the vehicles’ controls are easy to use. However, keep in mind that it will probably take you a while to become familiar with all of them. Take your time to adjust the driving seat, mirrors, check lights, radio, etc. All our units have manual transmission. They have a 100 km/hr cruising speed.
Driving in Peru is quite challenging; many drivers in Peru tend to drive aggressively; just be aware of it and act defensively. We recommend driving only during daylight hours. Campervans can only be driven on publicly maintained sealed, bitumen and gravel roads in Peru. Always be aware of the oversized dimensions of a campervan, especially the height reached with the roof tent.
Keep in mind the height of the vehicle when near trees, overhead cabling, parking structures, etc. Police highway check points are common in Peru. They will ask you to see a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance. You should have no problems as long as you can show them the above mentioned documents.
Transporting additional passengers or load is not allowed and will cancel the insurance protection. The Hirer shall report immediately any accident. The Hirer acknowledges that he/she shall: be liable for the first $2,000 for RV’s and $1,000.00 for SUVs deductible (each accident/damage) of the cost of repairs or salvage following loss of or damage to the vehicle and contents,
accept liability of his/her parking and traffic violations, authorize the use of the guarantee in cash provided for this agreement and rental/insurance when owing. Note: In case of rolling the vehicle, the deductible amount is $5,000. There is no insurance coverage if an accident (damage, injury, or loss) happens when the vehicle is being used by anyone who is under the influence of any intoxicating substance (drug, alcohol, etc.). All damage caused by off-pavement driving to the tires, shocks, front end, windshield, and tanks/piping/cabling underneath the vehicle and other parts of the unit will be the sole responsibility of the Hirer. Clutch replacement or damage due to client negligence is not covered with any of the insurance option.
Intorno Lima Office:
Celular: +51 952329690
Road Assistance MAPFRE Insurance:
Lima: 01 213-3333 / Provincias: 0801-1-1133
Main national emergency numbers
Highway Police (Policía de Carreteras): 110
Central policial (Urban/Rural): 105
Red Cross (Cruz Roja): 115 / 01-266-0481
Firemen (Bomberos): 116
Medical Assistance, Atención Médica Móvil de Urgencia (SAMU): 117 / 106 / 01-204-0900
Vehicle Theft, Robo de Vehiculos DIROVE 01-328-0207, 01-328-0351